Re: [MV] Dimensions for a Star?

From: david gudmunsen (kroctec@btopenworld.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 06:12:25 PDT

Cliff,

To draw a 5 point star.

Take a pencil compass or make one from a piece of wire with sharp nail in
one end and pencil locked in the other.

Set to half the diameter of the star you want and draw a circle.

Now set the radius to 1.1755 times circle radius.

Decide where you want the top star point and puit your compass point at this
place.

Step around the circle and mark each intersection.

With a straight edge connect every other point till you get back to the
start.

You now have your 5 point star drawn.

I would suggest that you cut a slightly over size star out of a piece of
thin card and then stick it to the vehicle with masking tape. (Make sure
that you keep an even amount (As appropriate to the star size) of masking
tape around the inside of the star and trim the corners with a sharp Stanley
knife.

Mask made go stick in on and paint.

Best regards from David Gudmunsen