Re: [MV] Dimensions for a Star?

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 08:14:36 PDT

Most people use a stencil & too often have overspray in corners. It looks
like Motor Pool but not perfect enough.

I have found that an easier way to paint stars is to cut the star out of
cardboard or stencil sheet & keep the star, not the hole.

Use masking tape around the star edges. Tape newspaper around the masking
tape to eliminate overspray. Spray paint the star. Rustoleum Flat White
works perfectly & dries quickly. Peel the tape pulling into the center &
the fresh paint will not peel.

This system works to touch up an existing star quickly.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA