M38A1 Questions

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 17:14:28 PDT

I am presently having an M38A1 Engine Remanufactured. The Head & Block
will be Magnafluxed & planed, The Crankshaft will be balanced & turned if
needed, ALL other parts will be new. The cylinders will be bored out
slightly & a new 24 volt system will be installed, along with a new wiring
harness.

I do not have all the tubing on my present engine, as it had been made 12
volt.

Question: Will the coil in the distributor over heat without a line ???
Are the lines an air system or vacuum system.

Question: What is a fair price to sell my present engine. Runs good.

I just have the opportunity to build a remanufactured engine.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA