RE: [MV] CUCV M105A1 trailer wiring M1009

From: Stu (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 14:37:09 PDT

The 105A1 trailer is too heavy for a CUCV Blazer. They are only rated to
tow M416 1/4 ton trailers. You might be able to tow a 101A1 3/4 ton but put
a trans cooler in the truck. These TH400 transmissions burn up easily. I
tow a popup camper, about 2000 lbs with surge brakes. Hills on the hwy are
a problem for me. The 105A1's are towed by a deuce usually.
The reason I sold my Blazer and got a 1008 pickup, is because it is a 1 1/4
ton heavy duty truck and better at towing heavier loads. The Blazer is a
3/4 ton truck on half ton axles.

       "Stu"
Southern NH, USA
"Live Free Or Die"