The only number that matters...

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 16:18:06 PDT

I was just watching the evening news and listening to them babble on
about the number of "insurgents" involved in Iraq. They complained that
the military had claimed the insurgents had 10-12,000 men, and yet that
now we are guessing that there may be 50,000 or more, and that no one
really knows what number the insurgents have. And it occured to me; we
DO know the only number of insurgents that really matters.

One.

Or more's the point, One Too Many. Because as long as there is one
insurgent out there who picks up a gun or a bomb and kills a coalition
solider, or an Iraqi policeman, or any innocent man, woman or child in
Iraq, it is one too many for us to leave in place. And so it doesn't
matter if there are 50,000 or 50, or just one insurgent left, all they
are is a series of individuals; each of whom chooses, by their actions,
to have us stay in Iraq that much longer. So if Johnny Jihad wants us
to go home, then he should realize that the ONLY way we are going to do
that is for HIM to either die, or pick up his rifle and go back across
the border to HIS home, or to put down his weapons and go back to his
village and let his vote become his method of change. Because it should
be starting to become clear to him by now that the more he fights, and
the more innocent people he kills- both in Iraq and in the cities of
other nations around the world, the more determined we will be to stay
there and the greater our presence will grow, and we have the military
and the equipment to meet the need (and the resources to get even more
if needed) until we finally wear Johnny Jihad down to the only number
that matters.

One.

The LAST One.

When HE declares victory, quits fighting and goes home- then so can we.

JTravis

(Mandatory mil-veh content: Maybe by then, GL will be a distant memory
and we will have a LOT of surplus desert tan equipment to collect and
restore. Now if someone can just invent a wash that gets sand out of
all the nooks and cranneys...)