Re: [MV] M35 Wheel Bearings Hot

From: joeyounginc@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 06:08:29 PDT

John S.,
What you describe is almost exactly what my local National Guard
does! I went over to their shop to find out what grease they used
in the wheel bearings. When I asked, the mechanic pointed to a
pail of MP chassis grease. He also informed me that they do not
install the outer seal and just let the gear lube in the differential
do the job. They convoy their trucks to Fort Drum, NY every
year, quite a trip from South Jersey, so it must work okay for them.
Joe Young