Re: [MV] M35 Wheel Bearings Hot

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 19:31:48 PDT

I have seen the rear hubs warm, but never too hot to keep my hand
on for a while. To my knowledge there is only one spec of outer
seal, and one spec of inner seal. Here is a web page containing
much wisdom of the group and a picture or two.

Could it be that the bearings are not adequately packed with
grease? In any case, not not ever leave the seals off orthe diff
oil will wash all the grease out of the bearings. Check the part
numbers you used, and see the web page, there may be part numbers
there to compare.

A friendly phone call to a company that rebuilds these trucks
might help. memphis equipment company has been helpful to me before.

http://rawfire.torche.com/~opcom/axle/index.html

PJ