Re: [MV] M35 series brakes-pinion brake

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 10:40:52 PDT

Bjorn,

Thanks for mentioning your concerns. I don't think
they are serious enough to keep me from experimenting
with it but it did make me think it over more. I
would think some sort of proportioning valve should be
used to adjust and/or restrict flow during slippery
conditions, I think the trick would be to place this
control in the cab.

Arthur,

I get a kick out of your posts. You are one
interesting fellow.

Marc

-- Bjorn Brandstedt <super_deuce@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I believe in an educated customer.
> I will continue to provide information that is as
> accurate as possible based
> on my own experiences and research.
>
> Check ALL my posts and articles in the MVM, be it
> about biodiesel, coolant
> filters, crankcase breather filter, turn signal
> buzzer, headlight switch
> bypass/override circuits, vertical engine air
> intake, exhaust brake, NDCC
> tire wet pavement traction, accurate mpg
> measurements, engine cooling
> problems (radiator cover), bikini top advantages,
> flame heater monitor,
> pyro/ boost gauges, off-road driving with and
> without chains, tire
> temperatures and pressure changes due to loading and
> speed..etc. The list
> goes on.
>
> Sorry Arthur if it hurts your sales, it's not my
> intention. When you bring
> up a subject on this list for discussion (or is it
> just for selling one of
> your products) expect responses both pros and cons.
>
> I would think that my info could help you make a
> better product.
>
> Like Thomas A. Edison said "There is always a way to
> do it better...find
> it".
> A good way to find it, is by looking at exactly the
> kind of info that others
> and I present to this list free of charge, no less.
>
> Disc brakes and drum brakes have different braking
> characterics, how will
> you match them?
>
> I learned about drive line braking when I installed
> the exhaust brake on my
> deuce.
> Read about it, they can be dangerous if not used
> correctly.
>
> About my 24 to 12 volt converter, you will soon see
> a "Point of Load" power
> supply that is rugged and waterproof that can be
> used for individual
> components, from light to cb radios.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Bjorn
> MVPA19212
> The Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
>

> >From: m35products <m35prod@optonline.net>
> >To: Bjorn Brandstedt <super_deuce@hotmail.com>,
> Military Vehicles Mailing
> >List <mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
> >Subject: Re: [MV] M35 series brakes-pinion brake
> >Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:03:19 -0400
> >
> >Once again, a reader just doesn't seem to
> understand the concept of "if you
> >can't something nice, don't say anything."
> >
> >Immediately upon my mentioning our new product,
> Bjorn feels the need to
> >jump
> >right in and start the dis-information program.
> Bjorn, have you driven an
> >M35 with a pinion brake? Would you like one, on
> approval, to evaluate? Just
> >ask. My policy has always been "send it back if you
> don't like it."
> >
> >I am in business (hobby, actually, according to my
> wife and the accountant)
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs