Re: [MV] M35 series brakes-pinion brake

From: mark@ehle.homelinux.org
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 11:50:05 PDT

Is not the parking brake drum on a duece transfer case a "driveline" brake?

Seems to me that for a parking brake anyway, I would rather have it as close to
the wheels as possible. At the pinion is closer to the wheels than at the output
shaft of the transfer case.

I do think, however, that using the pinion brake might cause some odd behaviour
if one wheel had traction and the other did not. The loose wheel would spin
backwards due to the diff. Not sure what effect this would have on handling.
But, this is no different than the current parking brake setup.

My $0.02

Mark
1970 AMG M35A2