Re: [MV] disc brake pressure, et al

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 05:51:05 PDT

Bjorn,

I should have said that would be an unlikely situation for me. (;->) If
I was on a side slope sufficient to lose traction on the upside wheel,
then I would probably not want to be there in the first place. I can
see that in situations like that, being able to turn off a pinion brake
would be a very good idea. I agree the pinion brake would be most
usefull for long downhill runs where engine braking wasn't possible or
sufficient. However if I was running in conditions that were that
difficult, I would think that some type of side to side braking system
might be the most useful of all since the M35's don't have positraction.

Redundancy is almost always a good idea.

But as I said before, I think I would probably try to improve the
performance of the existing brakes before adding something else on.

Dave