Re: [MV] 1970 Kaiser-Jeep M109A3 Shop Van for Sale

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 14:04:54 PDT

David Ashley wrote:
> Thats a really cool looking truck, If I had the money and was really
> wanting a M109A3 I think I would be on a plane going to go get it, If
> it runs half as good as it looks. WOW nice job on it too bad your
> selling it.

Thanks for the compliments! I can't take credit for most of the cosmetic
work; it was a good-looking, good-running truck when I bought it a few
years ago from another MIL-VEH member. Most of the work that I did was
the upgrade (or destruction, depending on your point of view!) of the
inside of the van box, followed by minor other upgrades (front bumper
step, cable-pull air tank valves, rifle brackets, battery disconnect
switch, and so forth), and then a few repairs. The biggest repair I had
to make was replacing the front axle boots and seals when they decided
to leak.

Yeah, I'll definitely miss the truck from time to time. However, I've
realized that I like driving deuces a lot less than I like having them,
so I'll never really use this truck the way I intended (as a camper and
radio truck). Plus, I have a credit card to zero out and I'm getting
ready to start building a house someday, so I might as well let this one
go, and let one of my less-valuable/more-practical deuces be the
"keeper". I think that my M35A2C "dropside" will be more useful,
particularly if/when I ever get that house built and need to move all of
my junk! :-) If I ever decide that I want a large camper or radio truck
again, maybe I'll just put a commo shelter in the dropside, and thus
have a truck that's convertible between cargo and camper missions. Hmm,
I'd need a bigger crane, because my 5-ton wrecker is probably too small
to swing a loaded S-280 on and off a deuce... it never ends. :-)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/