[MV] ASSISTANCE

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 08:27:05 PDT

MV Lister's:
                Hopefully, final update. Rec'd phone call from Brian with 900X16
tire problem. Sat 6 Aug I gave him the phone number of Robert Nuzum,
president of the First Iowa Cavalry MVPA. Robert was able to give Brian
directions to where he stood a better chance of resolving the problem.

                Brian was up until 3am Sunday but finally got a civilian tire mounted
on the lock rims. The M116 trailer is now road worthy, however his
truck engine has now developed a problem needing couple of parts
replaced. After 3 hours sleep he is now working on that problem.
Typical "one thing after another".

                Extra special thanks is extended to Mike & Cheryl, and Gary Smith for
offering assistance and providing phone numbers. Brian may phone phone
you for recommendations on where to obtain engine parts. Thanks to Steve
Dussets for his offer of assistance.

                Since my original post there were 33 responses in this thread. It is
thought provoking on how a request for roadside help evolved into a
critique of the MVPA, followed by a name calling stage, questions on why
we can't increase membership, and ending with an idea for quantity
discounts on tires and stuff.

LANCE