Re: [MV] MVPA does more than sell magazines

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 19:04:29 PDT

"Employee"

I agree with almost everything that you stated in your reply to Kent.
However, I have to disagree with you on one point - you don't have to
pressure advertisers to give discounts to members. If presented
properly, it can certainly be shown that offering a discount to a member
of a large group is beneficial to the retailer, not a loss as you
suggest. Yes, the MVPA is made up of volunteers, and that in itself is
very commendable. Not everyone has the time, desire or, capability of
serving in every capacity in the organization. For those that do, my hat
is always off to them. Personally, I am greatly appreciative of those
who give of themselves to support our hobby. However, that does not mean
that it is a self limiting endeavor. There is ALWAYS room for
improvement, adjustment when needed, and open minded thinking. The
organization is made up of many individuals, of varying backgrounds,
education, knowledge, and levels of involvement in the hobby. That means
that the MVPA in many respects, must represent many ideals, at different
times. The only sustaining thread that we all share is a link to
military vehicles. And, not all of us in the MVPA are in it strictly as
a hobby, either.

I would like to see the MVPA explore Kent's suggestions, without
summarily dismissing it as unrealistic.

PS: Employee at MILVEHCO - I would have addressed the e-mail to you but,
since you didn't sign you post, I don't know who you are (or, maybe I do
but, just don't remember).
-

Bruce Kalin
East Coast Convoy Coordinator