Re: [MV] M1009 rubber floor mat

From: SGM PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 11:37:12 PDT

After working with MANY of these damn CUCV's...both in and out of the ARMY..
I learned something real fast.. KEEP RUBBER MATS OUT OF THE VEHICLES!!!! Go
underneath..shoot the hell out of the bottom areas with undercoating..
Inside the cab..use the "non skid" brushable coating on the floor... The
same mud they use on tanks to keep you from falling off the fenders..and
sloped decks.. NAVY uses it too -- on ladders and some weather decks. I have
it in gallons (mine-not for sale) - it is available in a lot of
places...Tractor and bulldozer shops for instance. The undercoating and the
non skid will quiet down all the road noise and give you a lasting rust
barrier.. Use a throw carpet..one you can shake out now and then..NOTHING
permanent - it will only cause rust. carry on.................Gene