Re: [MV] Thunder Over Michigan-After Action Report

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 21:00:31 PDT

How is that museum doing after the big fire? Are they still recovering?

I used to work next to the old bomber plant at Willow Run Airport, which
was the GM Assembly Division plant for many years. That is now shutdown
and used as a warehouse I believe. I could tell you some stories about
that facility.

My wifes Aunt worked in the bomber plant during WWII. Her first husband
died from complications resulting from breathing paint spray mist while
painting the interiors of the bombers. They didn't have the safety gear
back then that we all use now.

Dave