Re: [MV] Hub Nut Socket for M35

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 06:59:20 PDT

Go to any BIG TRUCK parts store. I paid $18 bucks for mine several years
ago, 1/2 drive, cheap looking thing that works. I have been to three
different truck stores in MA and NH, all carry the same companies sockets on
a rack on the wall, around 10 different sizes. Look like soup cans with one
end shaped into a socket with a strip of metal welded across the opposite
end with a square hole for the torque wrench, painted silver grey, fairly
thin wall for their size, made expressly for wheel bearing/axle nuts. Went
up to about 4 inch size and some of the larger ones were 3/4 drive.
    You can also use a big pair of channel locks if you use the tighten to
drag, back off method in the 209 series manuals.
    Stop thinking car, think MANLY toys.....
     Here's a link to a company that sells KD Tools spindle nut wrenches.
Same wrench with their name on it at a higher price, but you at least know
what it looks like
    http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdbrak13.html#2444

    Don't be afraid to use Google. Google is your friend!
  Ronzo