Re: [MV] Political Correctness Amuck

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 06:58:50 PDT

At 8:38 AM +0200 8/11/05, Nigel Hay MILWEB wrote:

>These and more often earlier variants were a common sight on the streets of
>Northern Ireland. Nowadays they are popular with the press in trouble spots
>around the world. This one I think is ex CNN. Co-incidentally, this months
>Classic Military Vehicles has a serious look at the Shorelands, including
>the actual one advertised.

We have the two HMMWV's sitting (well, 1 HMMWV and 1 Hummer) in the parking deck with the desert tan and cages on the roof for stowage of their broadcast media gear. Supposedly one is streetable again, the other has some issues with it's title as it's a Military HMMWV but it was purchased over in Kuwait (Akbar's Offroad?). The winch mounted on the front of the Hummer is a joke. The holes for the mount were cut with a torch, badly and it's practically hanging in the mount. The towing shackles are also bodged on rather badly.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -