Re: [MV] OT: Laptop for the Truck

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 14:29:49 PDT

Chris Brunner wrote:
> I was looking into buying a laptop to mount in my CUCV, but having done
> this before in other cars remembered all the problems I had with
> destroying the laptop (vibration, coffee, all the others). Knowing the
> makeup of the list, I figured someone may have some helpful pointers as
> to where to look to find a nearly indestructible laptop to mount in my
> truck to run the GPS and accounting packages I need for work.

TINY used to make a laptop that was used in in RUC/PSNI armoured
landrovers over here. They have been known to resist 300lb bombs. IIRC
TINY has gone bust just lately but you may be able to pick one one up
second-hand. If that won't do the job then nothing will :-)

Sorry but the exact name escapes me at the moment.

TTFN
Jim