Re: [MV] M54A2 Trans to Transfer air lines hookup

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 18:32:30 PDT

Thanks, that was just what I needed!
    Actually I really flunked the competition...When I got out to where
the truck is,
which is in a neighboring town, I found the right diagram in the -35 TM.
    I almost got it all done, except it turns out that the Poppet have a
shallow 3/8NPT thread in them, so the fitting bottomed out pointing in
the wrong direction. I now have a fix, but it'l have to wait until next
weekend. I also have to extract the male section of the brass street el
that broke off on the top of the transfer case cover.....
    BTW, you wern't supposed to mention that part about "Mark lines
clearly...." I saw those exact lines myself....After I had removed them,
duh.
    The one thing I realy like about working on this truck though, is
you can sit on a mat on the ground under the truck and get your hands on
just about anything you want without contorting
yourself into a pretzel. I don't understand how people can work on these
new modern
cars and trucks.

Thanks again for responding to my plea for help!
Bruce