Re: [MV] Still Looking for Info on Deuce Multifuel Fuel Line...

From: Sean Nichols (armytrucks@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 14:38:16 PDT

Hi Jim,

I had to replace 2 lines on my truck after I got it. (they rubbed
together where they criss-crossed and sawed a hole in both lines.

The bad news is that I don't know what the thread is on those fittings
either... but here's what I did:

The fuel line material is air brake line (for tractor trailer rigs),
and am told is very tough stuff. I picked up the line from the parts
counter at Specialty Truck Parts in San Jose
(http://www.specialtytruck.com/). They had the fittings too, but were
out. I just brought in what was left of my old ones and showed them.
 They knew exactly what it was. I found replacement fittings at Royal
Brass in San Jose (http://www.rbisj.com/). Again, just showed them
what I had, they knew exactly what it was and produced replacements in
less than a minute.

The line slides through the new fittings and have a 'ferrule' that
inserts into the end of the line. You then slide the fitting up to
the end of the line and thread it back into the right spot and tighen
it up as usual. The torque breaks off the lower part of the fitting
and seats / seals it back on the line. It's very easy. Hardest part
is figuring out how long to cut your new tubing and routing it so that
it doesn't rub on anything again.

The big truck shops should be able to help you out with that stuff,
they told me it's pretty common.

Good Luck!

-S

--