Re: [MV] The New Army Combat Uniform after one day of wearing it

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 17:42:54 PDT

  Major, SIR!

Thank you for your contribution to our country.

Thank you for your comments on the new uniform. I was in the Army during
the 60's and we had the old cotton fatigues. They were hot in the summer
and cold in the winter. I never found a day that they were comfortable,
temperature wise. The felt good, wore good, and looked good when
starched and pressed. Otherwise, not good. I scouted around and got me
some new one's that fit me now and had all the proper insignia sewed on
for special occasions.

I have some BDUs that I have worn for special occasions, but mostly to
work in. They wear like iron and are cheap.

I might order me some of the new uniforms and try them out.

Royce