M-886 for sale

From: mark baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 21:33:23 PDT

Listers
I have a 1976 M-886 Ambulance for sale. I have done extensive work to this
vehicle. It has an Rebuilt Transmission with less then 500 miles on the
rebuild (probley under 200) The engine runs strong with slight puff of smoke
when first started and has a new 100 amp alternator. I changed the tires
from 16.5 to 16s, BUT, I still have the 16.5 rims and the 16 tires on it now
in fair shape. I have replaced the entire dash board, dash frame, and I have
replaced the entire wiring harness and gauges from the dash forward.
 It has a brand new M-880 black out light system in it, I rebuilt the spot
light and have tracked down, and in the middle, of fixing the wiring in the
ambulance compartment. (The good old boys in the GSA kindly took and cut out
the old wiring harness and took all of the gauges before selling the truck,
to including cutting the wires and harness from the dash to the ambulance
box, BUT thank god when the found out that they did not need these wires
and harness they threw it in the back of the truck!)
 The truck was originally in the 4 color MERDC Camo, but after some debate I
have painted the entire body Gillespie CARC 383 Green (took 1 1/2 gallons to
paint) and had all the intentions of finishing the 3 color CARC Camo, But I
will let that be up to the buyer on that, I will give them a Gallon of
Gillespie 383 CARC Brown and a gallon of 383 CARC black.
 Also for it I have 5 stretchers, a Medical box and it has a GI installed
Antenna mount on the passenger side of the box that is for the "Sugar Scoop"
Antenna Mount, PLUS a whole lot of spare parts and pieces that I have dug
up.
 IM asking $5000.00 OBO for it. I know that this seems high, BUT after
looking at a lot of M-886s I think this may be one of the nicer ones out
there, and would take very little work to finish into a Nice work truck or
Motor pool ambulance. IM in New Mexico.
 You can contact me at alleywayguns@bacavalley.com or at 505-445 3880 and
leave a message and I can send pictures.
Thanks
Mark M-886