m-1009 trany problem

From: mark baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 00:19:05 PDT

Lister's
 IM having troubles with my CUCV Transmission shifting correctly.
 When i first start up the truck and take off in it, the tranny shifts just
fine, just like a good working trany should.
 Now for the kicker, When I shut it off after the initial first start run,
and get back in it to go again, It shifts very hard, it will shift from 1st
to 2nd gear at 25mph and then from 2nd to drive at about 37mph and you think
its going to snap your neck.
 Now I have replace all vacum hoses, new vacum modulater on trany and it was
suppost to have been flushed and seems like the vacum pump it working fine.
 Does any one have any ideas as to why this might be happing? I think I will
change out the trany fluid and filter myself, but why the hard shifting
after warming up and being turned off?
Thanks
Mark M-886 and CUCV Blazer