Re: [MV] MT-1029 ground strap problem

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 12:01:49 PDT

Okay, if you do remove the paint, use an antioxidant to keep the surface
clean.
This is a # 6 (top tray) and #8 (base mount) screw and most paint piercing
washers may be to thin for a layer of carc, but if you have piercing washers
for #6, #8 or #10 screws let me know, I'm looking.
As a further note, properly torqued, you will end up with a "gas tight"
connection and no rust will form.
Bjorn