Re: [MV] MT-1029 ground strap problem

From: bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 12:49:32 PDT

Hi All,
    There is a copper goop put out by Thomas & Bettes that is used for
electrical
connections. This stuff is like liquid gold! Not only does it conduct
electricity,
it acts like an anti oxident, and has the consistancy of antiseize. It
also sticks like
antiseize. Once on, it is hard to get off . I use it on any and all
electrical connections,
and have never had a problem along those lines.

Someone gave me a can of this stuff with about a 1/4 inch in the bottom,
and I've been using it for about 10 years now.

Sorry I don't have the exact name. I am at work and don't have access to it.

It is a good idea to keep this in a seal tight bag, since there is a
tendency for this
 stuff to get all over the place, just from the the little that gets on
the lid, etc.

Bruce MVPA 23824