Re: [MV] M35A2 resale values???

From: Employee at MILVEHCO (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 11:34:18 PDT

No offense, but I think only people who are in the business of selling
military trucks would consider this is a good resale price at $7000! lol

Fair market value in this area (n. Calif.) is more like around $4000 -
$5500 on average. IMHO, those old deuces are about to take a price drop
thanks to $3.20 a gallon diesel.

However, value will always be in the eye of the buyer and if the buyer has
a very important specific use, like a tow truck, then it's worth more to
that one person. But, honestly that $7000k price wouldn't go over very
well around these parts and we use these trucks all time in rice farming.

I sold a real nice one, likely better than this one on ebay and loaded
with all the kit and new super singles for $4100. Bout all I could expect
and that was before the fuel costs went up sky high. Those fuel prices
may not have sunk in yet, but when they do it's definately going to have
an adverse impact on buying a big rig for play..unless you have money to
burn...literally.

DIESEL COMMENTS: Last time I bought diesel it was $1.55 and I felt like
that was a rip for farm diesel. I still have a few hundred gallons left
in that tank and when it's gone I hate to think what I will have to pay
for another delivery!!!! We're really being shafted with these fuel
prices and it's not just because of India and China, OPEC is screwing the
world and our refiners who have limted production to keep prices higher
are more than happy to help to do it. If this was all about the raw cost
of oil then oil companies would not be making record profits! That's
price gouging and I heard in Europe it's as high as $9 a gallon and about
$6.75 a gallon on average. Course they pay 50-60% in taxes on each
gallon which is another problem, but at least they can't blame Americans
for that one.

OK...I'm ready, so who's going to defend OPEC or gas taxes in Europe? lol