Re: [MV] Rear PTO

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 12:09:50 PDT

Hi Earl:

The rear-facing PTO is a small gearbox that mounts on the rear of the
existing forward-facing PTO, in place of the rear blank plate. The PTO has
one speed, in one direction. It is lubricated via the front PTO, in turn via
the transmission.

I have not seen any handles for sale for these in a long while, and I had to
fabricate my handle out of 1.25" by 0.375" flat bar stock, with a pair of 45
degree offset bends. The handle engages/disengages the rear PTO
independently of the front PTO. It comes up through the floor in the same
slot as the winch control handle, and slightly to its left. The bracket
that supports the winch handle also can be used to support the rear PTO
handle. I put a kid's bicycle handlebar grip on the handle to make it look
purty.

Expect to pay between $200 and $300 for a serviceable one. You will need to
make a gasket or two, which are simple to make. The PTO may be available
from Roger at Army Surplus of Dodge City. 316-227-7441.

Arthur P. Bloom, Pres.
www.M35products.com