Re: [MV] Diesel fuel prices? $2.71 here near Seattle

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 01:28:15 PDT

Can a diesel run on natural gas? (thinking about my generator)

I`m afraid not !!!!!!!!
Due to the need to INJECT the fuel into a combustion space where the temp
will be very high and at about 400 psi! The method of injection is known as
solid injection . I won`t bore you with the theoretical differences between
a diesel and spark ignition angina !
Speak to a local farmer or use 35 sec heating oil , affectionately known
as claret on account of it`s pretty red colour ,DO NOT PUT IT IN A ROAD
VEHICLE ! It`s untaxed !

                      Good Luck Noel