Re: [MV] San Francisco Shuns Retired USS Iowa It least it not going to the scrap yard.

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 15:43:49 PDT

It's a real shame.

San Francisco is missing a good opportunity. As Glen mentioned they already
have the USS Pampanito and the SS Jeremiah O'Brian- Liberty ship (but I
heard business is not doing well recently). Alameda has the USS Hornet
(which is also struggling). Some of us in the Bay Area have talked about
how nice it would be to have all 4 ships side by side. Wouldn't that be a
nice tourist destination but I guess we'll have to keep on dreaming for now.

Darrell