Re: [MV] Missing vehicles

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 06:05:20 PDT

The vehicles and materiel that is distributed via the FEPP does not need to
accounted for in the sense that we civilians understand. There is a time
limit for vehicles, and one for office equipment, etc, after which the stuff
may be sold without a back-accounting to the agency that issued it. I
believe that with vehicles it is 18 months in NY State.

Many highway departments and fire departments have received trucks, used
them, and sold them at a "profit" after the statutory time period has
elapsed. It is common, and not illegal. I have a pipeline delivery truck
that is essentially residue. (Some a$$holes stripped all the unique parts
off, because they were "useless for a fire-fighting application".) It has a
tree growing through it. Most of the edible parts have been removed, and if
I were asked to justify my ownership, I would not be able to offer any
reasonable chain of title. I doubt if it is on any list of "missing" trucks.

APBloom
www.M35products.com