Re: [MV] Missing vehicles

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 05:47:45 PDT

"30.000 STATE vehicles missing" sounds like a problem with US Government
surplus vehicles given to states for use with the proviso that they must be
returned at the end of service or 'accounted' for when sold.
    'Hey Chief, what about that PoS army truck out back we got for parts for
those two old brush trucks we got rid of a couple of years ago? Can we dump
it? We got it for free and nobody asked about it in 5 years. There's a guy
who asked if it was for sale and it's just sitting there and we could use a
new grill for the station...."
    The article doesn't say when the books were LAST balanced ...
    Yep, pretty good possibility that some of the missing vehicles are owned
by list members. Get a title when you bought yours from the town yard?