Re: [MV] 1960's Khaki Uniform

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 03:48:08 PDT

And for fellows who were in U S Army when I was (enlisted 1958) and were
issued class "A" Khaki shorts (with sown in front creases) gray knee socks
and short sleeve shirts (not to be worn without white tee shirt underneath),
black shoes. These were proper whenever khaki class "A" uniforms were.

Brass was worn as described below.

When I first went in they were considered appropriate for wear anywhere,
later word came down that they were for "on post" only... Except to and from
base if you lived off post.

Do not remember if "WACS" were issued these or not - I never saw any worn by
women.

Everette