One more mission.....

From: Sarge (micdunn@mail.ev1.net)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 02:54:58 PDT

Hello list, it's Sarge speaking.
Any of you vets know that friendships in the military can last
until the grave. You also know that you probably have a "Best
Buddy". He's the one whose life is as important to you as your own
life.
I live in Austin, Texas. My Best Buddy lives in Biloxi,
Mississippi.
I have watched the news for the last 24 hours. I have tried
calling him almost non-stop. I know him well enough that I know he
would not evacuate.
This list knows me as a man of words. Now it's time for action. I
spent the last 6 hours prepping and loading the M35 for the trip.
I bought $200 of diesel fuel. In a few hours I am going to the
local HEB (Mega grocery store) and I will ask the manager for
help. If he decides not to help, no sweat, I will use my credit
card.
I want a pallet of drinking water and a pallet of canned food.
I'm figuring on a couple of thousand bucks. Plus about another
thousand on fuel. I plan on helping any possible way I can for a
week or so.
Hey, it's cheaper than Vegas.
It's O-dark-30 right now and I need a couple of hours sleep.
Then off to the grocery store. I will stop back and check my e-
mail before hitting the road.
Any tips?
Any advice?
Am I an idiot?
I cannot sit on my fat butt and watch the news any more.
Wish me well,
Sarge out.

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net