RE: [MV] Bridge

From: Todd Goranson (todd.goranson@netcracker.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 08:26:22 PDT

In the short time I've been a member of this list, I've seen some of the
greatest people share years of advice and enthusiasim regarding our
military past. There passion for restoration and love of military
vehicles is a shared interest with our country. I've also see postings
of pride and love for our country from those who have served.

I've serverd my country proudly, and spent 4 years active duty with an
extended stay in Desert Storm. I value human rights, liberty, and
justice for all. Including those who were less fortunate not have the
blessings I've come to enjoy. I wait for the day others will respect
the value in the human life and equally share in the ability to live
without harm.

I've allowed others to speak opinions and respectively listened to their
views about our country's borders and the situations in Iraq.

Today, I've decided to share my thoughts. Look back and realize we were
all imigrants to this land at one time. Unless you're a Native
American, the doors of opportunity were not closed to your ancestors.
You are here today, believing and defending a way of life, because
somebody before you was in search of a better place. In Iraq, people
share belief's and idea's of freedom, yet are controlled and repressed
by a society of violance and extremist. What about the innocent that
have died in harms way? Those who raise arms and repress others have
choosen their own fate, but is that true for those who support the right
causes? Those who wish to live free of dictatorship and express
religion and beliefs?

How pathetic have we become that we are wishing ill on those praying or
demonstrating without raising harm? To wish additional catastophy on
those wishing to express themselves? I've supported our country's path,
its leadership descisions and the I pray for the troops defending its
way of life. But I am ashamed to see, even here in America, that there
are those who wish ill on the innocent.

Todd Goranson