M54 Transfer case problem

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 20:36:17 PDT

Hi All,
    And now for a completely MV oriented post.....

I had an unfortunate incident where a 3/8 brass el snapped off on the
top of my transfer case.

My question is: Can I remove the 4 bolts that hold the air shuttle
valve, and pull it off so that I can get under the broken off fitting
and catch any debris that falls when I break up the remains of the
fitting? What I am concered about is that if I remove those bolts, I
find out that you are supposed to take the whole transfer case apart
just to deal with that sub assembly.

I appreciate all the help I can get on this.
Bruce MVPA 23824