Re: [MV] Nigel's comments on our military's response.

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 07:08:35 PDT

You know one thing that our English friends could do for us to really
help us out right about now? Either have BP sell off their big US
refinery up in Ohio to someone who will reopen it, OR take it out of
mothballs and reopen it themselves. Our BIGGEST problem right now is
not the lack of crude oil available, it's the lack of operating refinery
capacity, and until we can build more (and until our government eases
restrictions on building them AND uses the tax structure on the oil
companies in a manner that "encourages" new capacity construction with
all this recent increase in revenue), then we need what there already IS
out there up and running- whether US owned or not.
Jay