Re: [MV] M1009 rear brake lines

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 10:03:45 PDT

Hopefully everyone knows this, but just in case there are newbies, there
are two
types of flares that I know of. One is used in refrigeration and is
refered to as a single flare,
the other is a double flare and this is used on brake lines. This
involves forming the end such
that the flared end bends back on itself, thereby leaving a ronded edge
at the end, instead of
a cut off type sharp edge. This requires a special flaring kit with
dies and carful attention to instructions. This is very important since
your life and others will depend on it.
Bruce Mvpa 23824