Humvee Geared hub problem

From: Scuba Steve (me_scubasteve@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 11:50:00 PDT

Hello List,
  Anyone ever hear about a geared hub coming apart? I
have had two hubs come apart on the same truck on the
passenger side, once on the front and once on the
rear. It looks like the safety lock on the hub just
backs off. It doesn't make sence to me and it is the
scariest ride you can imagine. I will be driving down
the road and with no warning the tire and part of the
hub comes off the truck. Any help would be very much
appreciatted. Thanks