Advice needed M1009 transmission replacement

From: Todd Goranson (todd.goranson@netcracker.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 11:57:27 PDT

[Todd Goranson] I've recently discovered I enjoy driving my M1009 so
much, its becoming a daily driver for me and I'm planning to drive it
all winter long. Unfortunately, I work almost 75 miles one direction
(all freeway) from my place of residence. I currently have the TH400
transmission and I needing to replace the seals. Before removing the
unit and repairing it, I was hoping to determine if a better replacement
is available?

How to I maximize my highway gearing / rpm to increase my fuel mileage
as much as possible?
What options do I have without modification to the vehicle structure?
The vehicle is NOT used for towing.
The vehicle is NOT used off-road, other than trail driving?
The vehicle is driven at a speed of 65 miles per hour the entire drive?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Todd Goranson

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.