Re: [MV] MREs

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 12:59:36 PDT

Don't shoot the messenger! DLA/DSCP web site... Maybe because you are just
getting surplus T-rats instead of the complete "T-ration Module" that a unit
would order? Just because you are getting 'cases' of T-rats doesn't mean
you're getting the complete 'system'. Remember that there are no more mess
kits in the troops hands. So if you aren't getting MREs with the included
spoons and retort packs, how the hell are they supposed to eat out of the
T-rat trays?MKTs and such just prepare the rations, but don't come with
trays, plates, bowls etc. Shoving your mitts into a 140 degree tray of
Italian Sausage and Tomato Sauce don't sound like a morale booster to me. So
the 'complete' T-rat module comes with styro plates, plastic ware and
condiments. You order 60 five hundred person T-rat modules and it gets
shipped in with the proper cases of other 'stuff' that makes it complete
feeding system. New field kitchen set ups even have trash compactors to
crush the plates, cups, napkins and serving ware since refuse disposal is so
difficult in theatre these days due to the bugs and bunny people. Also,
according to this link, http://www.dscp.dla.mil/subs/rations/faqs.pdf ,
T-rats were phased out sometime in '03' and the USMC Babbington Tray heater
is to be used with the 'New' UGR....
    One just got dumped out by GL in FL in Aug for real short money. Looked
to be NIB even though it had an H7 code.
    The UGR packs also include everything needed for use....