Re: [MV] NSN Question now Snap-On

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 17:52:28 PDT

Wayne,
It sounds to me like your local guy is the problem.
I have a 1/2" drive Snap-On ratchet that my late father had owned for many
years. I did not realize that it was military issue at the time that I
discovered it was broken. The local garage mechanic that I normally deal
with offered to see if the Snap-On man would fix or replace it under
warrantee.

Not only did he fix it (replaced the lever for shifting between clockwise
and counter clockwise drive) for free but offered to buy it from me through
the mechanic. I turned him down for sentimental reasons. I was also told
when I picked it up that the model number (don't remember the letter prefix)
indicated that it is military issue. This is an added bonus.

You may want to write to Snap-On and see what customer service says or find
another salesman.

Hope this helps, Bill K.