Re: [MV] NSN Question now Snap-On

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 10:12:28 PDT

Sonny,
Just to make sure that I knew what I was talking about, I went down to the
shop and dug it up.

Yep, it has the model number 71MV on it and the salesman said any sold with
a MV on it was sold exclusively to the military.

My father worked as a master machinist at the Navel Engineering Center in
Philadelphia from sometime in the early 60's to about 1969 or 1970. I
presume this followed him home because of the "MV" designation. As he has
passed away in 1997 he hasn't been able to shed any further light on the
subject. In his line of work he could only afford to buy top of the line
tools as he also worked on family repair jobs to keep him out of hot water
with Mom.

I inherited most of his tool collection and honestly have no idea what most
of the machinist tools are for ... but I'm working on it as I have occasion
to make parts from time to time with my little lathe to keep my jeep and
duece mobile.

Have a great weekend, Bill K.