Re: [MV] WWII DC3

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 19:49:56 PDT

Yeah, it is a neat bird for sure! They claim it is the only one in the
world. If I remember correctly only two sets of pontoons were ever
made, but I can't remember the details. It only flies a couple of
times a year, otherwise it is sitting on land. The fuel costs to pull
that beast out of the water must be a tad bit expensive!

BTW, a couple of years ago a Goose (which comes every year in Sept) was
flying around and having fun when they noticed (or were radioed) that
some boater was in trouble. So they swooped down, landed, motored over
to them and gave them aid. Don't remember what the trouble was but it
made the papers. I gotta remember to have "some boat troubles" next
year just so I can get a ride :-)

Steve