Re: [MV] WWII DC3

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 20:03:50 PDT

Yep, the Mallard and the Goose are both great aircraft! We had a couple of
each based at Hobby Airport when I worked for Executive Air Service. They
were a Brown & Root company who had ties with Howard Hughes. We had a sea
plane of his that we kept in flying condition at all times. The story was
that he flew it in one day for a meeting and took a different aircraft back.
It never left after that! I wonder what ever became of it?? That one would
have been nice to own! I don't remember the model but it was a really nice
aircraft!!!! I'm glad that I got to see it and help maintain it for a
while.

Ed