RE: [MV] CUCV Front End Noise

From: Todd Goranson (todd.goranson@netcracker.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 16:49:48 PDT

I may not have the perfect solution for you, but I had the same noise in a truck I own. A humming noise off the tires, but came and went on speed or bounce. Also, I noticed it got louder the hotter the tires got. Final solution to recovery: my driver's side tire, although it had plenty of tread and my truck was aligned correctly, had a cupping of the tread on the outside of the tire. Basically as the tire expanded and shrunk, the tire edge tread would rise and shrink, therefore, it was a cupping action against the pavement which created the humming noise. Once the tire was replaced, it's been as calm and quit as the morning son! BUT was very frustrating until I figured this out. Check your tires, mine was barely noticeable, but I could definitely hear it! Good luck, let me know what you find.

Todd Goranson
Senior Implementation Engineer

NetCracker Technology
95 Sawyer Road
Waltham, MA 02453
Blackberry: 781-325-3406
Fax: 781-419-3301
Main: 781-419-3300
Email: todd.goranson@netcracker.com

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.