Re: Engine Block Heater for CUCV, temp switchs

From: chriscase (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 13:25:47 PDT

There are 3 temp switches in a 6.2 block.All in the water jacket, NONE in
the air.

1- left head, is the sender for the dash gauge.

2- in the right head, is the low temp switch for the injector pump.

3- The glow plug control thermister is in a water port BEHIND the intake
manifold on the drivers side. It is in a small plate bolted over a water
port in the head. Since V-heads are interchangeable, the same port is used
for the thermostat/water outlet/crossover pipe in the front of the heads. No
need to drain the water to monkey with the manifold, making injector pump
access a little easier.

There is no cross-talk between the 3 systems. I guess you could have an air
bubble at the GP thermister, until you drive up hill...or R&R ( remove and
replace, not the GI jargon) the thing to vent the air out?

B) I like the manual glow plug system too. And I live in San Diego where we
might get a frost....2 times a year?

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.