Re: [MV] Engine Block Heater for CUCV, temp switches

From: chriscase (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 07:36:55 PDT

The Glow Plug controller is a timer with that varies it's run time depending
on the water temp of the block. It has a small computer chip in it. It even
has an 'after glow, and comes on and off while running if engine is cold
enough, and idle speed input also? It's a pretty smart timer, but some times
it goes insane.

The glow plugs are in the combustion chamber. They get red hot, and heat the
air and also the fuel as it is atomized inside of the combustion chamber.
Some think of them as equivalent to spark plugs.

If no gauge, there is an idiot light that says HOT, or maybe ENGINE, or
TEMP, it comes on when overheated.