Re: [MV] After Action Report for Hurricane Rita in East Texas

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 19:17:47 PDT

Well, now we have three votes for "no more handouts for those who refuse to
work." (Mine is one of them) BUT... I fear that the answer is not so
simple:

How many common votes do you think it will take, and where will the votes
come from, to convince Congress to pass a bill supporting that concept?
What politician will have the balls to open the debate?

What will the out-of-work people do, once their handouts are stopped?
(Choose one)

1. Get a job

2 Riot

3 Steal your stuff

Let's say that 10 percent will decide to get a job. What jobs are available
to an uneducated, shabbily-dressed, ill-fed minority person with no skills?

Let's say that 10 percent will riot. You do the math. How many more cops,
jails, courts, prisons, probation officers, etc, will need to be added to
the tax base?

Let's say that 10 percent will steal your stuff. See above question.

What will the other 70 percent do? How many of them are single parents with
children under 18 years of age? Who will pay to watch them, at the
prevailing rate of day-care, while Mom works/riots/steals?

I fear that while your intentions are sound, from a national-policy
standpoint, your program still needs some fine-tuning. I suggest that you
www.Google.com the word "workfare" for more input from people more expert
than I am at explaining the concept, and its pros and cons. There are about
500,000 hits.

APB