Re: [MV] Looking for debris romoval work...

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 20:32:37 PDT

Mr. Ashley:

You mean like this?

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Hurricane+or+Katrina+Katrina+Debris+Removal&rl=1&rb=1

Go to www.google.com and put in "job hurricane debris removal"

Remember, if you really are intent on going down there to work, that you
will need to bring EVERYTHING necessary for work, support, survival, etc.

The ideal vehicle will be an armored M109 shop van, with enclosed armored
trailer. Weld all lug nuts. Replace all glass with 1 inch plexy. Mount .50
cal on roof. Harden all fuel and air inlets. Install power steering and
lockout hubs.

A short list of materiel will include enough cash, food, water, gasoline,
Diesel, clean dry clothing, soap, toothpaste, anti-venom, Benadryl,
water-purification tablets, skin, eye, & ear medication, first-aid supplies,
spare parts, tools, lubricants, safety equipment, confined-space and other
rescue gear, weapons, ammunition, maps, and communications for every day you
intend to stay. Multiply everything by the number of days you think you can
stand being there, plus enough to get back to civilization, plus an
additional amount to help others along the way. Plan to be able to secure
all your materiel and your transport vehicle while you are out working. The
police and fire departments will be over-taxed with work. Tempers will be
short. There will be no commercial electricity, no wired or cell telephone
service, potable water, sewage systems, gas stations, restaurants, 7-11's,
ATM's, drug stores, laundromats, repair shops, truck parts stores, etc,
available. You will be operating in a vaccuum. In other words, you will be
"An Army of One." If you can team up with a few other like-minded fellows,
it will make your adventure a little less...adventurous.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I suspect that there might be work a bit
closer to home, with fewer logistical problems, if it's money you need. In
my town, a good man with a bulldozer can get $1000 per day, and no
"Democrats" will be shooting at you.

If it's adventure you're looking for, why not just join the Marines, or the
Foreign Legion? Or get married? Or get engaged to two girls who know each
other? Or date the police chief's wife? Or go sky-diving? Or fly a Cessna
over the White House? Or grow a beard, and hang around an airport handing
out Islamic literature?

Good luck. CYA. We will be watching your progress with more than just idle
curiosity. Please transmit After Action Reports daily.

APB
www.M35products.com
"For combat, work, or play."