Re: [MV] After Action Report for Hurricane Rita in East Texas

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 21:42:22 PDT

At 10:29 PM -0500 9/25/05, Floyd Petri wrote:
>Hey guys let me make myself very clear. I was
>not and am not soliciting for anything. There
>are plenty of people worst off than me. Sorry
>Feds, but I just have to say this even if it
>isn't politically correct and the atheist don't
>like it. God and my Savior Jesus Christ has me
>in their hands and I am not worried. Maybe there
>should be more of those types in the military.
>There are no atheist in fox holes.

There are if they are comfortable with it. And if
they're comfortable with it, they're not going to
have a problem with your choice. Each has their
own ways of coping.

>My son who does not have electricity either and
>lives behind me brought me his 110 volt window
>A/C an hour ago and it appears to be working on
>my 5000 watt Generator. As long as I have gas
>for the generator I will be OK I have about two
>days left I think. If I could figure out how to
>turn 6 year old gas into good gas I would have
>enough to last the 30 days, but then I would not
>have the stuff to do it.

Try adding some gas stabil. That and some octane
booster might do the trick for the generator. See
if it'll run on a small amount. Better yet, try
it on your lawn-mower first.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)